» Home    » Cyprus Timeline    » Contact Us    » Links

Embassy News

Cyprus government condemns Amman attacks
2005-11-10 11:07:25

Nicosia, Nov 10 (CNA) – The Cypriot government, through its Spokesman Kypros Chrysostomides, condemned today Wednesday's terrorist attacks in Amman.

During his daily press briefing, the Spokesman expressed sympathy with and condolences to the government and people of Jordan.

The Spokesman further said that so far there are no Cypriots among the victims of yesterday’s bomb attacks.

Confirming the report, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Ambassador Sotos Zackheos said so far, “all reports from Jordan indicate there are no Cypriots among the dead or injured in yesterday’s three bomb attacks”.

He said the government has set up communication channels, adding that there was only case when relatives were looking for a Cypriot national, who has since been located.

Zackheos said that the ministry is in contact with the Greek Ambassador in Amman and the British Presidency of the EU.

Printer Friendly Page