Government assures refugees after Supreme Court decision
Nicosia, Feb 14 (CNA) - Cypriot Government Spokesman George Lillikas said today there was no cause for concern among the refugees from the Supreme Court decision that Turkish Cypriot Arif Mustafa could regain his property in the Limassol district.
Lillikas said the government assured the Greek Cypriot refugees that they would not be left exposed.
''For the government of the Republic of Cyprus, the right to property is sacred and inviolable. No Cypriot government has ever deprived any Cypriot citizen from the sacred right. The right to property of the Cypriot citizens is repressed by the Turkish occupation army and the occupation regime,'' he pointed out.
The Spokesman noted that ''this case, as the Attorney General clarified yesterday, in no way creates a precedent.''
''Each case will be examined separately, based on its own facts and with the well known preconditions,'' Lillikas said, adding that Mustafa's house was returned to him after it was evacuated and the Greek Cypriot refugees living in it had been moved elsewhere.