Announcement: Internship positions at the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Washington, D.C.
The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Washington D.C. is now giving the unique opportunity to students or graduates to participate in internships throughout the year (minimum duration: 3 months) and gain valuable working experience.
Candidates for the internship positions should either attend university or hold a university degree (or equivalent qualification) in one of the following fields or combination thereof: Political Science, International Relations, European Studies, Law or Economics. Completion of at least 2 years of university studies is essential.
The applicant must have very good knowledge of English and Greek (both oral and written). Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in the foreign policy framework of the Republic of Cyprus, in US foreign policy and in the European Union and its policies. Professional experience and/or academic competence in the area will be considered as an asset.
Confidentiality, good analytical, communication and organization skills, ability to work under pressure and as part of a team, resourcefulness and integrity are essential attributes. Good IT skills required.
Unfortunately, no compensation will be given to successful candidates. The Embassy of Cyprus will not be in a position to provide medical insurance during the internship.
The chosen intern will be expected to assist diplomatic staff in promoting the interests of the Republic of Cyprus and execute, inter alia. These will include :
- Reporting on a broad range of foreign policy issues, with focus on the CY-US and EU-US relations;
- Serving as note-taker in meetings; preparing memos, reports, draft statements;
- Representing the Embassy and participating in meetings as assigned;
- Helping with outreach programs and events, monitoring public diplomacy developments in the U.S., assisting the Press Office, responding to public inquiries;
- Carrying out any other tasks assigned to them by the head of mission or their immediate supervisor.
For more info and to download the relevant application, please visit: http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/mfa2006.nsf/ministry07_gr/ministry07_gr?OpenDocument
Applications must be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated with confidentiality.