Renewal of Passport
Included in this article is a list of the necessities for the renewal of an expired Cypriot Passport.
1. Old passport
2. Application form duly completed and signed.
3. Two recent passport-size photographs, at least one notarized by a Notary Public.
4. Marriage certificate (if requesting name change, original).
5. Certificate of birth (original)
6. Money order in the amount of ? CY 25.00 (amount in US $ depends on current exchange rate) and made payable to Accountant-General of the Republic of Cyprus (please note that personal checks are not accepted). In cases of loss the fee is ? CY 40.00
7. Proof of citizenship (in cases of theft/loss)
8. In cases of theft/loss the applicant should produce an official report from the police authorities and a Statement under Oath, notarized by a Notary Public.
9. Photocopy of a picture I.D. (i.e. your Cypriot I.D. or U.S. Driver’s License)
10. The renewal of a passport requires a period of TWO MONTHS.
All applications must be sent ahead of time of proposed travel but not three months prior to the expiration of the passport/certificate of identity
The onus for the passport reaching the Embassy lies with the applicant; we recommend registered mail when posting passports
If application is submitted by mail, for quick and accurate delivery, a self-addressed stamped/ prepaid envelope should be send