What is Required to Issue a New Passport
1. Application form duly completed and signed.
2. Two recent passport-size photographs, at least one notarized by a Notary Public.
3. Proof of military service or exemption thereof (copy).
4. Certificate of birth (original).
5. Money order in the amount of the ? CY 25.00 (amount in US $ depends on current exchange rate) and made payable to the Accountant-General of the Republic of Cyprus (please note that personal checks are not accepted).
6. Proof of Citizenship.
7. Photocopy of a picture I.D. (i.e. your Cypriot I.D. or U.S. Driver’s License).
8. The issuance of a passport requires a period of TWO MONTHS.
All applications must be sent ahead of time of proposed travel but not before three months prior to the expiration of the passport/certificate of identity.
The onus for the passport reaching the Embassy lies with the applicant; we recommend registered mail when posting passports.
If application is submitted by mail, for quick and accurate delivery, a self-addressed stamped/ prepaid envelope should be send