NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND APPLICATION FORMS
Passport issuance applications must be submitted by the applicant in person, at the Consular Office of the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus. In person submission of applications is required as of April 11th 2011, for the collection of the applicant's biometric information (photo, signature and finger prints) by a consular officer.
Forms & Documents Needed
1. Application Form M.9G/T (Greek/Turkish) or M.9E (English) duly completed.
2. Applicant's Cypriot I.D.
3. Old or Expired passport issued by the Republic of Cyprus.
4. Police report in case of lost or stolen passports.
5. Marriage certificate for married women applicants wishing to assume their husband's last name.
6. Any other documents that the consular officer may request to verify the validity of the application.
7. People applying for a passport for the first time must also present the following: Birth Certificate or Certificate of Cypriot citizenship if the applicant acquired citizenship by naturalization.
8. Money order in the amount of € 45.00* made payable to Accountant-General of Cyprus (please note that personal checks are not accepted)
9. The issuance of a passport requires a period of THREE - FOUR MONTHS.
Please note that the Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Washington D.C. is no longer accepting applications for Passports with out the applicant's Biometric Information.
* Please call our Consulate for the updated USD ($) equivalent, of the € 45.00 application fee.
** Applications for Minors under the age of 12 are acceptable via mail, but both parents must sign and the application and have it notarized by a local notary and authenticated via the Apostille Seal from the office of the Secretary of State in the applicants state of residence.